Saturday, August 28, 2010

15 Hours to Race Morning...

We arrived, after 13 hours of driving and a trip to Hersey World. Bike is checked, so are bike and run bags. I swam the course this morning with all 3000 of the other atheltes in the race this weekend. The Ohio River is a great place to swim, tastes like mud, but a nice 85 degrees for those who like it hot!

Weather looks to be in the mid 90's on race day, but the humidity is much less than it was 5 weeks ago when I trained on the course. Should be a beautiful day for the race. My general observation is that Ironman athletes are in better shape than they used to be 4 years ago when I did Florida. As the sport heats up, the competition is tougher and everyone is in better shape.

Louisville is lots of fun for the kids: free trolley rides up and down 4th Street, a great pool at the hotel to swim, tons of running space along the river.

I'm exhausted. My Ironman will be done when I finally line up to enter the water on race morning. Sunday should be a lovely day of doing what I love to do, without anyone calling my name ("Mommy") to tell me their poopy diapers need changing. There should be a separate race for Mommy's!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment