Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankfulness

Although we should always be thankful for what we have, we often get caught up in the many irritants of daily life. The past few weeks were tough on us, between illness, power outages and Alex's frustrations with school, we have all been a bit short-tempered. I forget at times to be thankful. I also forget to be generous, kind and loving at times because I am tired and cranky.

So, last night, when I viewed a video my sister-in-law sent me, I was again reminded to be thankful for a long list of blessings, to be generous, kind and loving, no matter how tired I may feel. The older brother in this video has shown a depth of generosity, kindness and love toward his younger brother that is hard to imagine, especially given his young age. He has taken his brother's disability and turned it into a vehicle for sharing time, love and responsibility. What an amazing, inspiring story.

I highly recommend taking the time to view this video-it will add meaning to your life.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7208128&categoryid=3060647

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely story. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. You must have a wonderful sister-in-law, who would take the time to share this with you and pass the message of love and thankfulness around. Hugs to you and all the family, Karen

    ReplyDelete