Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jeff Runs America

There is no euphoria like that which you feel from a long run. Your mind is at peace, your creativity is sparked and you are prepared for whatever kind of day is thrown at you, and you get to eat a couple of chocolate chip cookies without feeling guilty. You might even have had the simple pleasure of watching the sun rise. People often ask me if I ever have a bad run. I have slower than I would like runs, races that don't go as planned runs, but any run that you finish is a good run, and the longer the run, the better.

I was recently introduced to Jeff Grabosky, who will be doing some very long runs in the near future, traveling across country in running shoes, from CA to NY. Although I have never met Jeff in person, we connect, like most runners do, over the long run. I have always wanted to run across the country, and hope to do so some day. In the meantime, I will keep track of Jeff's progress and keep him present on our blog. I know Alex would be all for joining Jeff on this long run, so maybe we will track him down as he approaches the east coast to keep him company for a few miles and deliver pizza. Jeff will be wearing a Baby Alex Foundation t-shirt during parts of his run as an honorary member of our team. Thank you, Jeff. We'll post any pictures he sends to our website.

To view Jeff's progress, go to www.jeffrunsamerica.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment