Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bryce Canyon National Park

So, I thought that Capitol Reef was the most incredible place I had ever been. And in fact, it was, until a few hours later when we entered Bryce Canyon. We had planned to run an ultra here, but the timing is off on this trip, so once again, we save that for another day. May something go always unharvested (Robert Frost). After some exploring with the kids, I put together a run plan for the following day. The Rim Trail follows the edge of the park, looking down over the tall spired hoodoos, an absolutely stunning sight. It looks like the backdrop of a movie set, something out of Star Wars or an imaginary land. So, I hopped on the Rim Trail and then headed downward toward Tower Bridge, incredible twin rock bridges, then on to Fairyland Trail, running amid the pastels of the hoodoos all around, and then back up a calf killing 1/2 mile to the Rim Trail and then back to the RV. Total a little over 8 miles. I stopped periodically to photograph the world around me, which I imagine will fill my dreams for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment