Thursday, April 23, 2015

Zion National Park

We finally arrived in Utah! I think I must have been a cowgirl in a past life, because when I enter this land of red rocks and mesas, dry air and beautiful sun, I feel that I have returned home. Everywhere we drive I see running and horseback riding trails, and I am happy, excited to get out to start moving. We spent several nights in Zion, a place I know well from our month living there three years ago, and it was a fun return. We ran, rode horses and enjoyed camping in the park by the river. Erik hiked Angel’s Landing, which was scary when a cold front moved in just as he reached the top. What a difference a few years makes in terms of enjoyment as a family. Our kids are at such a fun age now, more independent and able to enjoy everything from the history of a place to the local views.

No comments:

Post a Comment